Current listings: Research Fellow
The Rosand and Anderson Labs are looking for a highly motivated individual with a background in genetics and/or data sciences to perform cutting-edge research utilizing genetic, epidemiological, and imaging data assembled from human subjects. Receiving general direction from Dr. Rosand, Dr. Anderson, and the Senior Research Lab Manager, the incumbent will work in the fields of complex disease genetics and bioinformatics to perform genetic and other analyses which include, but are not limited to; common and rare variant association testing, multivariate model-building using genetic and phenotypic data, sequencing and GWAS quality control and data harmonization, meta-analyses, prediction modeling, and genome annotation. 2-year minimum commitment is required.
The Research Fellow will be a project leader for execution of in silico analyses in the Rosand and Anderson labs, working with the PIs, other fellows, and coordinator staff. The incumbent will also be responsible for digital curation of existing and future datasets and analyses, project management, the preparation of presentation materials, manuscripts and grant applications, mentoring of technologists and coordinators, and presentations at local, national and international conferences.
Skills and competencies required:
- Time Management: Exceptional organizational skills and ability to organize time and priorities effectively, asking for direction when appropriate. Flexibility to handle multiple tasks and deadline pressures.
- Analytical Skills: Ability to conceptualize and conduct complex analysis of research data
- Capacity for independent work
- Critical Thinking/Decision Making: Ability to appropriately evaluate all aspects of a situation and to independently make appropriate and timely decisions.
- Interpersonal/communication: Excellent interpersonal/communications skills and a good command of English language, including medical and scientific terminology.
- Information Systems/Technology Skills: Exceptional computer skills (including operating systems, word processing, database, electronic mail, Internet, and spreadsheets).
- Experience with statistical and programming software (R, Python, C, SAS, SQL, Stata, Linux), preferred.
If interested in applying for this position, please email your CV/resume to email@example.com