Research Fellow, Research Technologist and Research Coordinator
We are looking for dynamic, enthusiastic individuals with a background in biology, life sciences, physical sciences, computer sciences or medicine to join our cutting-edge translational research group.
Our openings are ideal for candidates interested in the interface between computational biology and medicine, offering the opportunity to interact with leaders in both fields in a uniquely dynamic environment with substantial opportunity for career development and growth. Prospective team members must enjoy taking on challenges, learning new platforms and analysis tools, working with a team, mentoring, and improving treatment for patients with brain disease.
If you are interested in applying for a position in the lab, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The RosAnderson Lab is looking for a highly motivated individual with a background in genetics and/or data sciences to perform cutting-edge research utilizing genetic, epidemiological, and imaging data assembled from human subjects. Receiving general direction from Dr. Rosand, Dr. Anderson, and the Senior Research Lab Manager, the incumbent will work in the fields of complex disease genetics and bioinformatics to perform genetic and other analyses which include, but are not limited to; common and rare variant association testing, multivariate model-building using genetic and phenotypic data, sequencing and GWAS quality control and data harmonization, meta-analyses, prediction modeling, and genome annotation. 2-year minimum commitment is required.
The Research Fellow will be a project leader for execution of in silico analyses in the RosAnderson lab, working with the PIs, other fellows, and coordinator staff. The incumbent will also be responsible for digital curation of existing and future datasets and analyses, project management, the preparation of presentation materials, manuscripts and grant applications, mentoring of technologists and coordinators, and presentations at local, national and international conferences.
Skills and competencies required:
- Time Management: Exceptional organizational skills and ability to organize time and priorities effectively, asking for direction when appropriate. Flexibility to handle multiple tasks and deadline pressures.
- Analytical Skills: Ability to conceptualize and conduct complex analysis of research data
- Capacity for independent work
- Critical Thinking/Decision Making: Ability to appropriately evaluate all aspects of a situation and to independently make appropriate and timely decisions.
- Interpersonal/communication: Excellent interpersonal/communications skills and a good command of English language, including medical and scientific terminology.
- Information Systems/Technology Skills: Exceptional computer skills (including operating systems, word processing, database, electronic mail, Internet, and spreadsheets).
- Experience with statistical and programming software (R, Python, C, SAS, SQL, Stata, Linux), preferred.
If interested in applying for this position, please email your CV/resume to email@example.com
Clinical Research Coordinator I/II/Senior
The RosAnderson Laboratory in the Center for Genomic Medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) is seeking a motivated, enthusiastic candidate to join their research group. We work in a rich multi-disciplinary environment involving clinicians, computational biologists, statisticians and geneticists both at MGH, the Broad Institute of Harvard and MIT as well as internationally through the International Stroke Genetics Consortium (ISGC)
Under the direction of the Senior Research Laboratory Manager, the Clinical Research Coordinator I/II/Sr. will work independently on ongoing research studies. This includes project management of lab projects involving collaboration within and outside the lab and institution, organizing the receipt of DNA samples from collaborators within and outside the United States, collection of all phenotypic data associated with received samples, collection of and accurate recording of procedures and results, maintenance of the lab databases, maintaining lab stocks, participation in joint upkeep of the lab and participation and presenting at lab meeting. This position requires a person who has Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in molecular/cell biology or a related field, with great attention to detail, is capable of working independently after training, possesses good verbal and written communication skills, works well as part of a team and is comfortable corresponding with collaborators from all over the world.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collects & organizes patient data
- Maintains records and databases
- Uses software programs to generate graphs and reports
- Obtains patient study data from medical records, physicians, etc.
- Conducts library searches
- Verifies accuracy of study forms
- Updates study forms per protocol
- Assists with interviewing study subjects
- Administers and scores questionnaires
- Performs study procedures, which may include phlebotomy, sample receipt, storage and tracking.
- Assists with study regulatory submissions
- Writes consent forms
- Performs administrative support duties as required
- Assists with project management of assigned studies
- Day-to-day processing and handling of lab biospecimens (blood, saliva, CSF, plasma, DNA etc).
- Sample tracking, inventory maintenance and retrieval of lab biospecimens.
- Serve as rotating emergency contact for minus 80 freezers.
- Curating the lab database and performing queries, when requested.
- Prepares data and assists with analysis associated with lab projects.
- Preparing CSF, Plasma, DNA and blood for shipment.
- Organize and summarize data using scientific and statistical techniques.
- Review and Analyzing CT Scans following established protocol for project related variables and measures.
- Assists with curation of Lab standard operating procedures (SOP’s)
- Calendar and meeting management for Investigators related to ongoing laboratory projects.
- Assisting in preparation of manuscripts.
- Assisting in preparation of grants e.g. preparing figures, drafting letters from the committee, and writing project and method descriptions.
- Participating in upkeep of lab, performs basic maintenance on laboratory equipment and reports equipment requiring repair to Senior Research Lab Manager
- Participating in and presenting data at weekly lab meetings and journal clubs.
- Performing other job-related duties as assigned.
A Clinical Research Coordinator II performs the duties of a Clinical Research Coordinator I (above) and may also:
- Maintain research data, patient fields, regulatory binders and study databases
- Perform data analysis and QA/QC data checks
- Organize and interpret data
- Monitor and evaluation lab and procedure data
- Evaluate study questionnaires
- Assist with preparation of annual review of lab
- May assist PI to prepare complete study reports
- Careful attention to details
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to follow directions
- Good communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Working knowledge of clinical research protocols
- Ability to demonstrate respect and professionalism for subjects’ rights and individual needs
The Clinical Research Coordinator II should also possess:
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Analytical skills and ability to resolve technical problems
- Ability to interpret acceptability of data results
- Working knowledge of data management program
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- New graduates with some relevant course/project work or those without any prior research experience will be considered for the Clinical Research Coordinator I position outlined above.
- Those with a minimum of 1-2 years of directly related work experience will be considered for a Clinical Research Coordinator II position.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY (if applicable):
- A Clinical Research Coordinator I will not have any supervisory responsibility.
- A Clinical Research Coordinator II may assist with the training and orientation of new staff members.
- A Senior Clinical Research Coordinator may assist with supervising lab staff and will assist with the training and orientation of new staff members.